feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

April's First Fool

Labels: , ,


I have an end user who is covering for his boss while the boss is away. Part of that entails checking email. Well, the boss gets a system generated message that his password will expire in a few days. That, of course, makes my phone ring.

End user: "My boss got an email that says his password needs to change. He is on vacation. So I am going to change it and then email him the password so he can still get his email on vacation."

Me: "Well, that won't work, since he needs his password to check his email. You should call him to give it to him."

End user: "Yeah, I don't want him to be locked out, so I'm sending it to him."

Me: "He won't be able to get into his email with his old password to retrieve his new password since he needs his new pasword to even get into email in the first place."

End user: "I KNOW THAT'S WHY I'M SENDING IT!!!"

Me: "OK. That's probably a good idea."

Sometimes, it just easier to give in. Actually, it almost always easier.



0 comments:

Post a Comment