feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

2 for the price of 1

Every once in a while, a user drops two stupid problems in my lap at once. Yesterday was one of those magical days. A "toofer."

User in my doorway: I am locked out of my office because I forgot my key. Also, I need a firewall for my cell phone because I get some messages I don't want.

TheGrumpyAdmin: I'm sorry but I'm not in charge of the locks in the office doors. You might want to try the maintenance person. As far as that firewall goes, they don't make those for cell phones.

TheGrumpyAdmin if he only had two weeks left: What the $%#@ makes you thing IT can get you into your office? Perhaps you think your lock is on the network and TCP stands for Tumbler Control Protocol. Running that Cat-5 through your door hinges was a real bitch by the way. As far as that firewall goes, I have that on order. In the meantime, you'll need to get some pants with 19 inch pockets and an assload of extension cord.



2 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 22, 2008 at 3:45 AM  

Actually Kaspersky do a firewall for Symbian based phones - It's built into their Antivirus KMS 7.0

gravatar
Anonymous said...
June 5, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Don't feel bad. One of my users actually called the other day to ask if I knew what time it was in Taiwan. Yes, they thought that this was appropriate question for IT. I told her to try google.

Post a Comment